Your home’s roof is the most crucial part of your home’s exterior. It is also the part that takes the most abuse from nature & can cause extensive, devastating damage if it leaks or fails. Fall is the perfect time to get a new roof before the cold, wind, rain, and winter snow starts to fall!
Let’s take a quick look at the benefits of getting a new roof:
- Property Value: The first benefit of a new roof is that it makes your home much easier to sell.
- Return on Investment (ROI): New roofs are one of the best home improvement projects, averaging an ROI of 67-70%!
- Curb Appeal: Realtors estimate your roof to be as much as 40 percent of your home’s curb appeal.
- Energy Efficiency: Old roofs are likely to leak air causing your HVAC system to work harder to achieve your desired indoor temperature.
- Cost-Effective: Another benefit of a new roof is that it allows your HVAC system to work more efficiently, thus saving you money on your monthly energy bills.
- Health: New roofs help to prevent health hazards, like mold and mildew, keeping your family safe.
- Safety: The longer you wait to replace that old, dilapidated roof, the more dangerous the situation can become. An old roof, in some cases, may collapse or cause part of the home to become unstable.
- New Technology: Because roofs last such a long time, the technology of a new roof is undoubtedly several generations ahead of a roof that was put on in the early 1960s.
- New Look: The new roof can have windows or a skylight installed, bringing more light into the house’s attic.
- Stress-Reduction: No one wants the continued worry of a roof’s ability to withstand the elements and hardships of Mother Nature. You will have tremendous peace of mind, knowing your roof is solid and warrantied and keeping your property dry and warm.
Bonus reason: A new roof will get you a discount on your homeowner’s insurance. Just ask your agent about it!
In Ohio, there are no requirements or licensing to become a roofer. All you need is a ladder and a truck. This is why homeowners need to be extremely careful when choosing a roofer. Most roofers would never talk about making mistakes, but the truth is no company is perfect. Manufacturers’ warranties seem ironclad and fabulous when a roof is brand new. Still, it’s how a company deals with things when they go wrong that tells you whether they are trustworthy or not.
Miller Custom Exteriors has over 50 years of experience serving Canton, Massilon, Stark County, Ohio, and surrounding areas. Contact us online or call us today at 800-589-4905 to discuss your next home improvement project.